Subject: Re: [Leica] Pradovit Color model numbers
From: "John and Catherine Allen" <allen@vo.lu>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:32:25 +0200

Henning, Marc,

Many thanks for your quick feedback on this.

From your information, it would seem that the catalogue numbers
"Bestellung Nummer" (eg 30.617) are not the same as the model numbers
"Typ" as found on the projector's serial number plate.

I've also discovered from correspondence with another eBay vendor that it
is possible to find Pradovits which were upgraded by Leica, so that the
functions it has no longer correspond to the external markings or to the
model number!

I've looked inside the one I just bought, and I can't see any sign of an
autofocus mechanism, but I'd like to ask - can anyone explain what a
Pradovit autofocus mechanism looks like? I believed - possibly wrongly -
that some kind of reflective beam (infra-red?) was bounced off the front
surface of the slide, and that there was feedback from this to the lens
focusing motor which moved the lens in or out by a small amount to keep
the lens to slide distance constant.

If this is correct, presumably a Pradovit with autofocus will have a small
extra gadget somewhere near the slide. What should I look for?

John

- --

John and Catherine Allen
Bofferdange, Luxembourg