Subject: Re: [Leica] Martin Parr
From: "Andrew Amundsen" <andy@tcinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:35:05 -0700

>From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>

> I agree with you, I just feel it could have been done better. How many Hard
> Rock Café tees do you want to see in a single book?

I think that's a point he's trying to make in overwhelming us with the
color, repetition and satire. Reminds me of the Japanese photographer Araki,
the way they throw at us this huge body of repetitive images in a small
focus out of a potentially huge subject: Humanity in the former, Sex in the
latter.

Other photographers will have to continue the missing aspects in the grand
scheme of subjects.

~Andrew

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] Martin Parr)