Subject: Re: [Leica] R-5 what to do
From: "CHRISTIAN HUEBER ESQ." <philpenn@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:37:47 -0400

My father cleaned out his closet a few years ago and gave me his R-5, No.
1762567 with a Vario-Elmar 35-70 zoom lense, No. 3319820 and a Vario Elmar
70-210 zoom lense, No. 3372147.  This also includes the caps, various
filters, original instruction books, camera case and a fitted leather carry
case etc.

The entire kit of bits is 'like-new' as he bought it on a whim but never
liked it as much as his M series Cameras and therefore never used it. I have
never outgrown the screw mount cameras and rare lenses that he gave me when
I was 14. Therefore this camera has now been sitting in my closet for 3
years. I have never taken a photograph with it as, compared with my
screwmount cameras, it just seems too big to carry around. For those of you
who will tell me to use it, you are right, but time has proven that I will
always pick up the smaller lighter camera.

I only consider selling this camera from time to time because it seems a
waste to have it sitting and I could invest that money in more odd
screwmount bits.

What to do? I do not want to break-up the original set and sell the bits on
E-Bay. Camera dealers will really not give me much as it was never the most
popular Leica. Any thoughts would be most appreciated, otherwise it will
stay in the closet until it becomes a true museum peice.

Many thanks, Christian Hueber

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] R-5 what to do)
Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] R-5 what to do)