Subject: Re: [Leica] Needing some lighting/M6 TTL help
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:43:03 -0600

I have never heard of a M6TTL's electronics being fried by high sync
voltages. I have lightly stunned mine but it recovered after a on/off/on
cycle. It is theoretically possible and other cameras have been zapped I
know. The first thing to do is check the sync voltage of the flash
units. A cheap voltmeter from Radio Shack will do the job (buy one with
at least 20K load impedance). Let the flash charge and measure the
voltage across the sync contacts about one minute after the ready light
has come on. If it is up in the hundreds, it is time to get a safe sync
adapter. I should think fifty or under should not be a problem.

John Collier