Subject: Re: [Leica] R9 - flash details
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:29:27 -0700

I'll bite too: Check the E-TTL flash metering of Canon, and Nikon's
super-sophisticated matrix / distance coupled flash metering. They
flash a dozen or so super fast flashes, read the reflections in the
matrix, compute the distances, and adjust for a 'perfect' flash
exposure. That is, to my understanding, the cutting edge of flash
technology, and I don't see that in the flagship Leica (but then I
don't have an R8 or R9, though I can read)

The addition of high-speed flash is great though, a little late, but
welcomed.

- - marc

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] R9 - flash details)
Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] R9 - flash details)