Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW wk38/sl
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:28:21 -0400

Jefferey Smith said:

>> Great use of available dark. The 1-candlepower source brightened her face
>> nicely. Excellent shot.

Then Dizel chimes in:

> Yes, certainly. i would say that for me this man at right is distracting -
> grabs my eye away from her face. But it's just a MHO.. :)
> --
>                                 St.

Thanks for the comment Dizel. I seem to get this kind of comment quite a bit
- -- "...is distracting." Maybe it is just me, (because I took the picture?),
but I find that the lady just jumps out at you from the picture. My eyes
keep going back to her strong presence. What is a distraction for me in the
OOF guy about ten feet behind her with his Jimmy "Come and get me ya dirty
rat" Cagney stance.

Anyway, let me say it once again, my photography deliberately has
"distractions". Generally one of my photos will have the main element (the
lady) the secondary elements (the three men in the picture) and (the Green
Party button and the George Bush picture). This all contributes to my style
of "business" in a picture to make it more interesting.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl> (Re: [Leica] PAW wk38/sl)