Subject: Re: [Leica] Three times a charm!! Canon 1Ds
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:36:23 +0200

I don't usually weigh in on threads like this, but I think if Leica just
kept to what they have really built their image on, the M cameras, with
their cutting edge optics, and produced an electronic M body with a
genuinely modern matrix meter and exposure modes, they'd probably do better.
I'd certainly go for something that introduced the ease of shooting an F100
to the rangefinder scene. The other thing they could do is provide some
decent service, so you don't have to look up some wizened old man in a
backstreet somewhere to fix your camera when it breaks. The passport thing
is cool until you actually have to get your camera fixed. Then it takes
months and they most likely don't fix the problem.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile: (+39) 348 336 7990
Home: (+39) 059 303436