Subject: RE: [Leica] Welcome
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:03:56 -0400

God, John, but it does my cranky heart good to hear/see you go off this way
on this - or any ;-) - subject.

I believe the bottom line here is that Leica doesn't give a rat's behind
about us as 'customers.' Their attitude seems to be - 'This is a Leica: love
it or leave it.'

And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the fix - because if and when they
finally 'fix it,' they will in effect be acknowledging that for 18 years
they have been producing a defective product. And I wonder where that would
put them if a group of unhappy owners - a group including an attorney -
demanded that Leica repair all their cameras without charge.
After all, how different is Leica's selling cameras with defective
rangefinder assemblies - and that IS what we are talking about - any
different from an auto manufacturer's selling cars with faulty emission
systems?

B. D.