Subject: Re: [Leica] finder flare
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:24:58 -0600

RANT MODE ON

  THE TRUTH!

I have read this and other opinions from Leica – and others. I have
heard three different definite causes for the flare from three different
reliable high ups in Leica. So far none of them has resulted in a
solution. Lord knows they have been feeling the heat for 18 (eighteen)
years over the issue. If it is just a simple switch of mirrors why the
h***, pardon the language, do they not switch it back?!!! If it is just
a missing element why wait 18 (eighteen) years to do something?!!!

I may be wrong, which I freely confess, but if the solution is so d***,
pardon the language, simple why is it 18 (eighteen) years and counting?
Were they all dropped on their heads at birth? Do they think we were all
dropped on our heads at birth?

It b*****, pardon the language, better be something fantastically
complicated to take 18 (eighteen) years to fix!

Starting to get just a little annoyed,

John Collier

PS: Nothing personal, it is not you I want to throttle. Normally I am a
very mild mannered not so young man. My apologies to you in advance.

PPS: My personal opinion, of no value, is that it has to do with how the
metering display was incorporated into the viewfinder. This is allowing
stray light from certain angles to white out the finder. This strikes me
as something the little b******s, pardon the language, could well not
have the resourses to fix what with them losing money every year for as
long as I can remember...

RANT MODE OVER