Subject: Re: [Leica] A Number One reason why NOT to switch to digital
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:15:51 -0500

Dizelwebmaster@fucha.pl (Dizel)9/17/022:08 PM

>I don't remember the source, but as far, as I remember, EOS D-60 can record
>about 6-7 f/stops contrast range.

According to Stephen Johnson the BetterLight scanning back can record 11 stops. His work seems to demonstrate this. So as usual we find that each system has its limitations. And also as usual the the magic happens when an artist / cratfsperson understands the limitations and produces powerful work within them.

George

Replies: Reply from "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl> (Re: [Leica] A Number One reason why NOT to switch to digital)
Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] A Number One reason why NOT to switch to digital)