Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Xtol developer
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:12:49 -0700

Roland Smith wrote:

> [...]

Diluting less gives you finer grain and less sharpness and less edge
effects in most developers. This is the case with Xtol.
I strongly advise trying the 1:3 first. I have found though that the
Delta 3200 needs 1:1. And i think Kodak T-Max 100 would be better off at
1:1 which would mean I'd not use it - as Fuji's across and Ilfords delta
100 are excellent medium speed films which in Xtol 1:3 at least start to
look like slow films. Ultra sharp and grainless.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com