Subject: [Leica] I AM with you!!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:05:29 -0400

I am with you guys really!

- -- Oh, I am not giving up my Leica M or R's  for even a 20 Megapixel
digital. I just think that to stay afloat today, to be a professionally
oriented company, Leica MUST move in that direction. Maybe not fast (Hey -
they should learn from the Contax Debacle) but they will eventually need to
bring in a digital body once these capabilities become commonplace, that can
take and use all of the wonderful Leica glass we know and love, and produce
digital output that is better than anything Canon or Nikon can. I'll STILL
ADD to my Leica stuff before I get more digital junk this Photokina.. I LOVE
the ease and look of film exposed properly (Show a client your work merely
by tossing chromes on a light table), and I can produce archival prints in
an hr as well, without any manipulation save hi res digital conversion. I
use the Nikon D1's ONLY when asked, and even then I try to convince the
client to go film (saves me a lot of work in front of a monitor when I could
be shooting) - but, someday, I'd love to have that special Leica sparkle in
digital, and not have to hang on to dual systems.

    Thanks,
    EC