Subject: Re: [Leica] Garry Winogrand in NYT article
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 07:45:33 -0400

Adam- I just happened to buy the book yesterday and have enjoyed it so
far.  Unlike many in the group I know little about winogrand's work
until I came across this new tome.  The problem I am surmising is that
the volume of work left unprinted and unpublished makes any tome the
collaboration between the dead photographer and the unknown editor.
Are we seeing his best stuff?   anyway I enjoyed this latest book
because its from 1964 - I was 10 at that time and growing up in the
west - many of the pictures are of the west and are familiar.  The
interminable family trips in an un- airconditioned vehicle to parts
unknown during the summer.  I do find Winogrand more approachable than
Eggleston.

ernie