Subject: [Leica] FS Friday (9/13/02) books + darkroom
From: pmjensen <pmjensen@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 02 07:24:02 -0700

Gotta move this stuff.

Darkroom:

Oriental (aka Gravity Works) Archival Film Washer for 35mm + 120 rolls
and sheets up to 4x5 (12 sheets, basket included). Tried-and-true
automatic fill-and-dump system. Good condition cosmetically, perfect
working order (there's nothing to ever wear out). About 80 bucks new,
asking US$40 plus shipping. Get your wash whiter than white.

Jobo 3006 Expert Sheet Film Drum for 6-4x5 or 5x7 sheets (w/cog lid).
In excellent condition with one MAJOR exception: five of the six chambers
are perfect. The sixth had a minute inside crack which I repaired, and in
fact way over-repaired (!!!), with dental adhesive (IIRC). All six
chambers work perfectly but one chamber is partially rough-sided (with
extra adhesive). I had very high technical standards (Zone System, et al)
when I was Linhofing about the high country and this tank (and all six
chambers), by those standards, FUNCTIONS perfectly. I am pricing to move
this thing - already sold the CPA-2, etc. - and I think this is a steal
for anyone who needs a 3006 tank and doesn't want to spend the big bucks
for new. But please note, that sixth chamber is cosmetically funky.
BplusH wants 242.95; I'm asking only $59.95 plus shipping (batteries not
included). Please email if further info is required. Or, make an offer.

Omega SS 35mm developing tank (2 reel) with two reels. Has an
"aftermarket", plastic lid . Exc. condition. Bought this used on eBay a
few years ago and never used it (I think plastic is fantastic). $5 plus
shipping. Offers never refused.

Books for sale:

ARCHITECTURE/BIG CAMERA/PRO GUY SET
Photographing Buildings Inside and Out, Norman McGrath, pb, 1st ed., exc.
condition (pretty detailed text and many, many really nice color
reproductions by a true architectural photography expert - read this and
your photography WILL improve)
View Camera Technique, 5th Edition, Leslie Stroebel, hc, exc. condition
(you gotta have this one if you wanna be taken seriously)
Photographing For Publication, Norman Sanders, pb, torn cover, otherwise
fine (detailed text and nice reproductions incl. GENE SMITH! Wow.)
Asking US$28.50 plus shipping.

ST. ANSEL ADAMS SET (you wept over the documentary, now get the rest of
the story):
The Camera, Ansel Adams, pb, latest edition, exc. (the one and only;
every home photo library needs one)
Ansel Adams: a biography, Mary Street Alinder, hb, illustrated, like new,
Ansel Adams and the American Landscape, Jonathan Spaulding, hb,
illustrated, like new
History of Photography journal, Winter 1996, pb, like new sample,
(Steiglitz issue, for the heck of it. See how the professional historians
do it.)
Asking US$19.45 plus shipping. That's right, only $19.45 for the set.

Mountains of the Middle Kingdom, Galen Rowell, hc, dust jacket slightly
torn, otherwise exc. (yeah, I know he used @#k@^$ - there are natives
from Lhasa to Bora Bora who know he used only @#k@^$) $19.95.
(lots more climbing books - and bike racing, for that matter - for the
armchair alpinist and barstool bike racer, if anyone's interested).

Any questions, please contact pmjensen@concentric.net off-list.

- ---Peter Jensen (you do have a sense of humor, don't you?)