Subject: Re: [Leica] Tower of Lights-Tribute to 9/11
From: David Mason <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:54:35 -0400

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> writes:

> Really nice image of what, IMHO, ought to be the permanent GZ Memorial.

Yeah, I have to agree with that. Supposedly if they kept those on the
migratory patterns of more than one bird would get screwed up. Also,
ConEd was giving them the power for the lights for free - it was more
than a few cents, they were rather bright.

Many people have suggested putting in smaller versions of the lights
that would not have either of these problems - I can't imagine that
they would make as much of an impression on the people who got to see
the first ones.

Cheers,

Dave