Subject: Re: [Leica] photos for your critique
From: "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:15:26 -0400

Thanks for your photos, I really enjoyed looking at them.  They seem to me
to fall into three general groups: general workshop views, individual scenes
from the workshop focusing on one element (a crank, a wheel, an anvil etc;
and a view of someone performing an action. IMO You have some good images in
each class and some excellent ones in the final, and most difficult group.
Again for what it's worth, here are my caveat's:

1. In the general workshop views, you don't seem to have enough depth of
field for the whole image to be in focus. I don't know what your shutter
speed was, but it would probably have been better on a tripod.

2. Same for the individual element pictures like 6 and 5. But 8, 11 and 12
are fantastic images.

3. Some of the images of workers are just stunning: visually strong,
dramatic, and immediately clear what is being done. 15, 17, 19a (not as
dramatic but still a "story") 22, beautiful, 27 an excellent and weren't we
talking about hands a while ago? But a few of them are obscure even with a
title, 25 and 26.

Best
stuart phillips