Subject: [Leica] Alfie
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:13:20 +0100

I have never been able to make up my mind whether Alfie is a total innocent
or a troll merchant but I have always admired the way he has ploughed on in
the face of often savage criticism. I never understood his obscure titling
of his images and the photographs themselves did nothing for me but looking
at the pdf file ("there's no such thing as bad publicity") I think they are
an improvement on past efforts. Would I buy a copy? No I would not. Have I
seen worse? Yes I have and not all of it mine and not all of it from
amateurs.
As previously stated, I will not be buying a copy but I would like to offer
congratulations to Alfie for an object lesson in tenacity. He had a dream
and he chased it down. It says something for the climate on the LUG recently
that I hesitate to post my opinion in case the fallout rains down on my
head. If it does, so be it. Good on yer Alfie.
- --Graham

Replies: Reply from "Jeffery L.Smith" <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] Alfie)