Subject: [Leica] 2200 prints
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:51:01 -0400

Slobo-

    If this person plans on being 'Middle Age' in a hundred years or so, he
is correct. For the rest of us, they hold up almost as well as Cibachromes
according to Willhelm and others.

    First reports (and from what I've seen) they look GREAT!!! I compared 2
8x10's  -- one printed on a 1280 the other a new 2200 --- (the print speed
is about the same now due to the 2200 High Speed connection) -- stuck then
in a FULL sun window (with sun) for a few days, and the 2200 print didn't
change at all, while the 1280 faded about a stop or so (both on Epson
Premium Gloss). HARDLY scientific, but I suppose you can draw a few
conclusions (unsubstantiated of course) from it.

If I had the extra $$$ and no other printers, I'd get one!

    Have fun!
        EC
- --

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 2200 prints)