Subject: Re: [Leica] R6.2 lockup - solution!
From: John Nebel <nebel@csdco.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:24:00 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, John Collier wrote:

> All the interlocks and cocking levers for the shutter, wind and mirror
> are right under (or more accurately, over) the baseplate. If you are
> handy you might want to try this. If you are not, or it is under
> warranty, then don't!
>
> John Collier

Yes, it is under warranty, but I wanted to avoid the repair time if it
were a common problem.

Sal DiMarco suggested rotating the motor drive coupling clockwise and that
unlocked it.  Perhaps removing the {original} clear tape over the base
plate would have avoided this problem as it looks like it could bind the
coupling.

John Nebel