Subject: [Leica] Help - film developer - it's frothy man!
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:14:36 +0100

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem that I  am having when I
develop films.  Basically, the developer froths up and when I remove the lid
of my tank, the froth spills everywhere.  Whilst I'm not too bothered about
this, I am concerned that the froth may affect the way the developer is
agitated or worse, cause uneven development of my films.
I guess that the problem is caused by a build up of wetting agent on spirals
or in the tanks.    I live in a hard water area and I use literally no more
than 1-2 drops of wetting agent (Ilford Ilfotol) in 1500ml of water.  I do
rinse my tanks/spirals in very hot water after each session.  Has anyone got
any suggestions on how I can make sure any residues are removed from my kit
and also how to stop the problem from recurring.

Thanks

Mark Pope
Swindon Wilts, UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk