Subject: [Leica] Re: All Digilux Gallery
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:29:11 -0400

Jim,

Your pictures are very striking. I really don't care how you made them
(wouldn't mind knowing). Several are really imaginative and intriguing. My
favorites:

If I Was A Whore
Green Tranny, Red Panties
Why Is It Always a Redhead?
The Blue Station
Montmartre Corner
First, I watched her smoke
The Place Jackson Pollock Went To After He Died
83-34-84
Egon's Ex
Teppan Chef
Tobacco Ghost

That is, most of the highly manipulated or abstracted ones. Maybe this sort
of imagery is somewhat common in some circles. If so, I still think these
are fascinating on their own, whatever stylistic school they my (or not?)
belong to.

As convenient as the titles are for identification, or to explain the image
a bit (ie. Kafka''s Microscope), I find them distracting and would rather
be completely on my own in interpreting the pictures. (Or, I'm too dim to
understand your allusions.) That's me - I never liked titles, just location
and date. What if Beethoven had used a title rather than just "Symphony No.
5"? Would've sucked. Ever after, people would be asking, what did he mean
by that title, rather than listening with unbiased ears to the music. Music
was lucky to be able to escape that tradition.

Anyway, thank you very much for sharing these photos. I hope you can hang
them in a spacious gallery and make them as big as possible. They work
great on the screen, too.

Carl