Subject: [Leica] How to be smart like me ...
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:49:34 -0700

Hey, Kyle, welcome back to Bedlam!

I *love* this shot:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2002/33/nj1.jpg

It has a number of things I usually don't like in a photo, and the
combination of them is just stunning!  Somehow, the extreme wide angle, the
large hand, the camera tilt and the young lady's stance combine to
wonderful effect.  Is she a sorceress?  A reincarnated Isadora Duncan?

I think this one really works because despite the normally overpowering
nature of the tilt and the super-wide effect, the picture is really about
the girl.

The second shot of her is more conventional, but also very nice.  Kind of
sad and waif-like.

As for Otto's Daughter as bride, do you realize how hysterically funny it
is that your cat is about to lap up the stage blood on the floor in the
last photo?  Well, you once said his soul belonged to Satan. . .  :-)

- --Peter

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] How to be smart like me ...)