Subject: [Leica] question for Doug Herr re: 400 telyt
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:43:31 -0500

Doug,

I've recently used my 400 telyt 6.8 in a situation which brought up some very strange background
rendering. Photographing water skiers, wide open, at varying distances from 30yds - 100yds, the
far side of the lake comes up with a different degree of out-of-focus rendering at the outside of
the frame than the center - very unpleasant effect. It also appears that the skiers at the outside
of the frame are not as sharp as those near the center - even though they seem to be parallel to
the film plane. I've never noticed this effect in other subjects that I've photographed with this
lens (usually centered subjects and much closer). Is this normal for this lens wide open at longer
focusing distances?

George