Subject: [Leica] Pubs and a joke for your afternoon
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:20:47 -0400

Sonny:

I like the third picture which reminds me of the denizens at any one of
the very many Irish Pubs in greater Boston.  In fact if it were not for
the "Natchitoches" sign on the wall and the beer(?) with "MGD" on the
label, the establishment itself could pass for any one of said Irish
Pubs.

Very enjoyable pictures!

It was late in the afternoon as Jake the bartender was nearing the end
of his shift at the Black Rose Bar and Grille.

Jake had been serving only two customers for the last few hours when one
of them said to the other, "Now then, where in Ireland do you hail
from?"

The second man replied "County Mayo" and the first said in surprise
"Why, that's where I'm from too!"

"And what town in County Mayo?"

The second replied "Ballycastle" and the first said with some
astonishment, "Myself as well!"

"And, may I ask, where did you go to school?"

"At St. Brendan's"…  "I'll be! That's where I went to school too!"

And where did you live in "Ballycastle?"

"Sligo Road"…  "Faith and Begorrah, That's where I lived!"

"Which house on Sligo Road?"

At that point the bartender for the next shift arrived and asked Jake if
things were very busy.

"No, it's been quiet…  but the Mahoney brothers are drunk again."

Jim "McMahon" Hemenway http://www.hemenway.com

SonC announced:

Some shots at Mama's Pub in Natchitoches

http://www.sonc.com/pub.htm

Regards.

SonC
http://www.sonc.com