Subject: RE: [Leica] wide angle question
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:02:41 -0400

Hi, Simon - It really is a matter of personal taste. Assuming you have an M
with 35 mm frame lines, I'd spend some time fooling around, framing scenes
with those framelines. See how you feel about that view. Many people, and
I'm one of them, consider their 35 their "normal" lens. The 28 begins to
give you a bit more of a wide angle look, but with very little
distortion....If you haven't ever done any shooting with any kind of wide
angle, I'd be willing to bet you'd find the 21 to be much too wide for
you....And btw, remember that the wider the lens, the closer you need to be
to the subject, or to at least part of the action, unless you're looking to
take semi-panoramic shots of space....;-)

B. D.