Subject: Re: [Leica] water resistance?
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 13:23:43 -0500

On Sunday, September 1, 2002, at 11:23  AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> Well, since there are no sensitive electronics that get ruined by a
> drop of rain, I'd say the M6 is more weather resistant.  I wouldn't
> advise that anybody try what I have done, but I've washed the M's out
> in clean water after a dunking in rivers and mud, air-dried them (or
> put them close to the fire ;-) ), and continued to use them.  I do send
> them in for cleaning after I get back from a trip like that.  I don't
> think there are many top-of-the-line SLR pro bodies that I could wash,
> dry and continue to use.

i seem to remember someone saying that back in the olden days you could
immerse a waterlogged body in denatured alcohol to get out all the
water, then let that dry out.  i'm not sure if this would damage any of
the electronics on the M6 or M6TTL.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"There's no way drugs can affect music in a negative way."
	--Brian Wilson

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

Replies: Reply from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] water resistance?)