Subject: [Leica] On Topic New M 35/2 ASPH Lens
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:18:14 -0600

A new (to me) M 35/2 ASPH lens rolled in today.

I won't get a chance to try it out until we visit the local Farmer's
Market tomorrow morning. I don't know if it can ever replace my 19 year
old non-ASPH 35/2 in my favorite lens category but it sure one
beautifully designed lens.

Some questions for those who have shot with this lens come to mind. Such as:

Is the fancy circular lens hood actually functional or just for show?
Will the OOF areas compare favorably with the non-ASPH?

Regards,

Greg