Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadians, slavery and the health care system: OT...oh and Nazis too
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:43:54 -0400

At 08:39 AM 8/30/02 -0500, brad daly wrote:

>it is, quite frankly, immoral that ~25% of americans don't have access
>to easy and adequate healthcare.  i'd like to see how anti-universal
>care americans would react if they were required to have police
>insurance before a cop would help them or fire fighting insurance before
>firemen would put out their burning house.

You are now dealing with a rational anarchist.  Eliminate all government,
eliminate taxation, eliminate coercion, and I cheerfully will pay for
insurance as you suggest -- look to Philadelphia in the 1750's, when Ben
Franklin was hawking fire insurance for one of the companies he then ran.
Or read Heinlein's libertarian manifesto, THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS.

Government is evil, as government means coercion.  I made no "social
compact" with you guys:  I just happened to be born here.

I find it appalling that 25% of the US population are too stupid to get
medical insurance but, then, I'm one of them:  I did my moral duty by
serving in this country's military and now enjoy to-the-grave medical
support from my VERY friendly VA hospital, four miles from my present
location.  Thank you, US taxpayers!  (But, in a perfect and anarchist
universe, this wouldn't happen this way, but, then, I AM a bit of a cynic,
aren't I?)

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!