Subject: [Leica] Elmarit or Nikon Macro 60 for portraiture (olive or onion redux)
From: "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:10:52 -0400

I'm the olive / onion guy. And yes, a 'martini' with an olive is, indeed, a
Gibson.

New issue:
After happily selling everything to buy an M7 and 50 summicron, I find
myself missing my Nikkor 'Micro' 55 macro lens. B.D. Colen's recent pics
with the updated version of this lens (the AF 60 Macro) only made things
worse. His shots were beautiful !

So - for portrait work what would LUG'ers do given the two possibilities:

1) Buying that 90mm Elmarit and sticking to Leica
2) Or, going back to Nikon for that 60 Macro lens. The cost of the lens and
a 'cheap' AF body (N65) would be almost the same as the 90mm Elmarit.

B. D. already gave his opinion which was extremely helpful.

Cheers!
Eric (martini in hand)

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Elmarit or Nikon Macro 60 for portraiture (olive or onion redux))