Subject: [Leica] Photokina Rumors etc.
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:43:56 -0400

Hi!
    Nikon will bring their new 80-200 F/2.8 AF-S lens with Vibration
Reduction out from behind glass - Other than that it seems they took the
wraps off everything else at the PMA show in the spring.
    I wish they would just make an 80-200 2.8 that I don't have to have
recalibrate to focus correctly over and over again if gets even the
slightest 'whack' The Leica 70 -180 2.8 is a gem. I'd use that exclusively
if it weren't so heavy.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I really wish Leica would offer a AA
battery tray for the R8 Motor. So simple, but it would save a lot of worry.
    Also heard Canon may show a longer (500mm range) OD lens as a
pre-production thing.
    Sure tells you who spends the money on R+D, and uses what they discover.
    EC
- --