Subject: RE: [Leica] breaking down and buying lighting any sujestions ?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:24:39 -0400

- --On Wednesday, August 28, 2002 9:54 PM -0500 "Wesson, Leo W"
<LWWesson@pier1.com> wrote:

> One word.  Profoto. Best.
>
> Another one word.  Dynalite.  Small and affordable.
>
> I have had Normans, Calumet Travellers, Balcars and rented Broncolor.
> Would  not recommend any of these.
>
> Currently use Speedos.  They are ok, but if I was buying again I wouldn't
> buy them.

The Profoto's are great but this is apples and oranges.

Monolights versus powerpacks.

To each his own, but each undeniably has it's own uses. Specifically, I
wouldn't consider using a Profoto or comparable unit on location without an
assistant or two. OTOH, I've used one or two White Lightning Ultras on
location solo on numerous occasions.

In the studio it's another matter of course, but I don't think that was the
thrust of the original question.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com