Subject: Re: [Leica] BD Questions, was Digilux use by professionals
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:20:54 -0500

The E-20 does not have much of a shutter lag. The 5700 is much quicker than
the 5000 as far as shutter lag, but the lens is much slower. At 280mm full
zoom, it's a slow f8.9. I did not notice a lag when shooting the 5700 at
wide open(35mm).

The E-20 has a much better lens for zooming than the Coolpix.
Both have  TTL flash capability, but the 5700 lacks a PC socket.
And both can be used on the Quantum Compact One. The Coolpix can be fitted
with the Nikon AA battery pack. Makes it look more professional that way.

I do find the 5700 viewfinder annoying, and the screen is smaller than the
Coolpix 5000. Get a E-20 Sonny, you'll feel better. Or maybe the new Fuji
S2? 6mp instead of 5mp, and ED glass.

On a Leica note, that Digilux big screen blows 'em all away.

Chris Williams
New Orleans