Subject: Re: [Leica] Question On Noctilux
From: Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:43:43 +0200 (MEST)

> Hello,
>
>   I know there are three different versions of this lens, the first being
> E58 followed by E60 with removable shade and the last E60 with built-in
> shade.  What differs in these versions other than the filter size and the
> shade type?  Are these all the same optically?  Why do the later two
> versions have bigger filter size?

Hello Dave,
all 1.0 Noctiluxes are the same optically. In my opinion, the 60mm was
chosen as standard filter mount, because initially nobody but Leica offered
filters in this "odd" size and thus they were able to make some extra profit on
filters. However, meanwhile they are also available from B&W, Heliopan and
others.
Regards from Germany,
Alex

http://www.gmx.net