Subject: Re: [Leica] Vivitar 2800 on M6 ttl
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:46:52 -0600

You can easily measure your flash's sync voltage with a volt meter. Turn
on the flash and wait until ten or twenty seconds after the flash ready
light comes on. Put the leads of a meter across the center contact and
the shoe ground. If it is under thirty or so volts, you should be fine.
Some old flashes have sync voltages of two hundred or more volts.
Definitely NOT fine.

John Collier