Subject: Re: [Leica] XP2 or TCN (martini olive or onion?)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:19:48 -0700

faneuil wrote:

> I recently have been converted to Portra B&W- much nicer to skin tones than
> XP2, and ever so slightly finer 'grained' than TCN.
>
> Overexposure by 1 stop helps TCN and porta.
> Dense negatives make no difference to film scanners - In fact, I think they
> prefer it.
>
> Eric

How big were you making your prints because my 8x10's I made from XP2
were not grainier than what i got from Agfapan 25. (In Rodinal 1:50). I
shot one headshot job with both films. Because i ran out of Agfapan 25.
That's a 4 stop difference with apparently the same results!
Still I'm not going to let those idiots develop my film in their filthy machines.

I do like the way Portra comes in 220 so I'm going to try it out say I'm
fixing a hole in my darkroom sink.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com