Subject: Re: [Leica] re: dishonesty on the lug
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:00:41 -0400

At 11:42 AM 8/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
> >I just bought Brad Daly's 12mm lens, finder, etc. He
> >came up with an interesting way of quick shipping
> >items between LUG members. You post that the money is
> >on it's way to the LUG, and at the same time the
> >seller ships the item. If any of us are dishonest it
> >is visible to all.
>
>i may be a fool, but i'd trust any lugger and ship the moment they told me
>"sold". my experience with people on this list has been so outstandingly
>positive -- people i've never met have loaned me gear, cars, let me stay in
>their houses, etc. my life has been made much richer from knowing you all.
>
>kc

Amen, Kyle.  I cannot imagine having met you under any circumstances other
than the LUG!  I don't frequent Goth parties (there may be some in South
Carolina, but I'd be clueless to find them!)  But you and others on this
list have been like family and I'd trust all of you anytime.  I've made
some great, long-lasting friendships through the LUG. It's the few prickly
strangers who barge in and try to disrupt the family that annoy me.  We've
had our share of trolls and they move on to other lists I'm on.  It's
interesting to watch the others get reeled in and then realize what has
happened.  Fortunately, we have a great group and a benevolent leader so we
endure and move on to better topics  - Lagavulin, Tilley hats, Montblanc
pens, UV filters, and digital cameras.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP