Subject: Re: [Leica] need help on this negative
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:23:48 -0700

Sam Krneta wrote:

> This looks similar to what I did. I opened the bottom of my M6 with film
> in. It was a split second before I realized it and snapped it shut
> again.<<<<<

There are somethings we're just not fast enough as humans: :-) Least of all
as photographers.

Your Fast, But not Fast Enough! Have you done any of these fast? ;-)

You pour fix in the loaded film tank first, a mistake!
you dump it fast----but not fast enough!

You turn white light on in the darkroom, a mistake!
the paper lid is ajar;  you turn it off fast----
but not fast enough!

You loaded film reels in the can.
you turn white light on, the lid is on the table, a mistake!
you turn the light off fast----but not fast enough!

You open the camera back.
the film isn't re-wound, a mistake!
you close the back fast----but not fast enough!

And if you haven't done any of these things fast, just think about what
you've got to look forward to.  As you will some day! ;-)
ted