Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: R9 scoop
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:09:00 -0700

B.D. Colen writes:

| A ratched film advance, which the M has, does not force
you to take the
| advance lever all the way through it's swing in a single
arc, but allows you
| to, in effect, turn any camera in to an M3DS...there are
many times when it
| is helpful to be able to advance the film with a couple of
half strokes,
| rather than a full one...

Have you actually used any Leica camera other than the M3DS?

I know that my M3ss and M6 will use "ratchet" strokes, as
will my R6 and R7.  In fact my "bad habit" is to always
ratchet the stroke rather than do a clean full stroke.

Regards, Bill Larsen
who is beginning to wonder