Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 M2 mounts
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:39:40 -0600

It is easy to modify the appropriate bayonet ear to bring up the 35mm
frame. Unfortunately removing the eyes affects the focusing accuracy.
The lens cam is designed to work with the eyes in place. Infinity focus
will be fine but close focus will be off. If you only use small
apertures and reasonable distances, you will not notice the inaccurate
focusing. Up close and wide open is another matter.

I would recommend selling the lens and getting another 35/2 without eyes.

John Collier