Subject: Re: [Leica] Foo X Bar sent a virus
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:16:47 +0100

<snip>a screenshot of the AV app having just done a full scan of their
machine is
good enough for me<snip>

Fair enough, but this doesn't tell anyone anything other than the system is
virus free at that instant in time.  If someone has out of date virus
definitions on their systems, then it may only be a matter of time before
their machine is infected and the list is at risk.   So to be totally
secure, it would be necessary to perform a scan and send in a screenshot at
regular intervals.  IMHO,  if we put the onus on a single individual then
this will be too much of an overhead for them.  Therefore,  I feel that it
is up to all of us to make sure that we have up to date AV software and
definitions.  Then, if we receive anything, we can deal with it.

That's my 10p worth....

regards

Mark Pope
Swindon Wilts, UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk
P.S. FWIW, I use Norton AV and the definition file was last updated on
August 14 2002.

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] Foo X Bar sent a virus)