Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: X-rays by overnight couriers
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:22:44 -0700

I think the bottom line is writing the letter of complaint makes you feel
better, but does nothing to change the reality of the inspections.  The
local idiots do what they want and have the pressure of making your flight
as their leverage.

Upon federalization, they will care even less.  The reality and the rules
are different.  Complaining makes you feel better, but the bosses do not
change the reality.

I think the best idea I heard of is the thick lead lined pouches.. use them
to block the view, at which point they will perform the hand inspection.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net