Subject: [Leica] RE: X-rays by overnight couriers
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:29:04 -0400

Bill, Steve, Frank, etal....
    Yes, I get hassled. I think any time anyone asks for anything out of the
ordinary, they get the full search, shoes and all. I write a letter of
complaint to the customer service office, and politely point out they are in
violation of the FAA regs and remind them they are in a service industry,
where a majority of their passengers are on pleasure trips with cameras,
etc.
    As I understand things, when the Feds take over, hand inspection will
still be available.
    After 9/11, when security was tightened and the no hand inspection fools
appeared, Eastman Kodak person, spoke directly to the Secretary of
Transportation about the hand inspection question and was told, they was NO
change in the FAA regulations.
Happy Snaps,

Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA