Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Pricing
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:29:01 +0200

Daniel,

No need to fly anywhere. Just surf over to one of the good German retailers like
Brenner Foto or Foto Hobby, order online and save yourself hundreds of Euros. I
simply do not understand why anybody in Denmark or Sweden would pay the local
prices, when both countries are in the EU and so people can buy in Germany without
any hassles. The price differences between countries have little to do with
different VAT rates, BTW. Here in Switzerland, for example, the VAT is only 7.6%
(compared with Germany's 16%) and yet all things Leica are significantly more
expensive than in Germany. The prices are driven much more by the degree of
competition on the retail level and the distributor's determination of what the
market can bear.

Nathan

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> In Sweden we're looking at 3,000 USD (but it's probably the sales tax,
> 25%, that does the trick. Man ... it'd be worth the flight to the US).

Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
mobile: +41 78 732 1430