Subject: Re: [Leica] Postage Assistance (2).
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:53:57 +0800

EXTREMELY CONFIDENTIAL - (& almost) TOP SECRET

Dear Alastair

We wish to confirm that we have received your payment of US$7.79
plus 10% GST through Money-Pal. I am now at liberty to disclose the name
of the postal commissar who is helping you in this matter. He is none other
than General &*&^%@)#, the 8th son of the 88th wife of the previous
military dictator Major Mojo who has since left the republic with a large
haul of 88,888,888 (for some strange reason, they have an irrational liking
for this number "8") tonnes of copra which he subsequently deposited in the
Agricultural Bank of Switzerland. For people close to General &*&^%@)#, he
is also affectionately known as "Uncle Bidi Colon", an enigmatic and
eccentric person who is of great help when treated in the right way.

For some diabolical reason, our previous communication was intercepted by
an unknown hacker who has since pass the information to the secret police
in Stampoanga. In a major crackdown on the professional letter writers in
question, all except one were arrested. The one who escaped, known by the
codename "Spiderman", did so by clinging onto the ceiling while the secret
police ransacked his residence. He managed to escape with one envelope
dangling to a spider web sticking out of his (oh, never mind that) and is now
hiding in a secret location known only to Uncle.

I am instructed to inform you that, due to the extreme danger of the whole
operation, "Spiderman" has since asked for a larger amount in payment for
the envelope. After some extensive negotiations, Uncle was able to bring
the price down from $118 to $88.88 (why this sickening number "8" again??).
We think that this is a most reasonable sum to pay. The alternative is to,
as they say, "Sit on the matter, then wait and wait and wait and still
nothing happens."
Are you sure you have enough preparation-H to provide relief?

We urge you to consider this matter seriously and remit the said amount
through a secure form of internet payment known as Bribe-Pal. Upon receipt
of your payment, clandestine arrangements will be made to place the said item
under the "Thank You, Please Come Again" floor mat of the Long Soup - Short
Soup Chinese Restaurant (the best) in Ballarat.

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours and 28 minutes (don't look at me
like
that.....yes I know...numberrrr "8" again), the whole deal is off. Yes,
off.....kaput..
sayonara....finito....habis.....velly solly.

regards,

^&^%@((*&*())_)@ (translated into English means "Help is at hand")
Leicaville
Republic of Stampoanga