Subject: Re: [Leica] Catholic christening
From: Magnessbill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:16:06 -0400

<I've been asked to photograph a christening at a catholic mass here in DC.
I've never done one before.  Obviously, I'm going to need to talk to the
parish to find out their rules for photography (other than no flash). But
are there any particular things I should worry about?>
Steven,
There is nothing to worry about, a baptism is a very easy going sacrement ( I have a son and 7 nieces and nephews and have photographed them all. ) Depending on the light in the church, please, check with the priest, but I have never had a problem using a little fill flash, move around a little. Talk to the mother and father and the godparents, they can move around a little to 'open up the action'. Talk to the celebrants, let them know what  you want to do, it's a happy occassion- have fun.
Bill   asmp