Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica film cartridges
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:00:49 -0700

Paul Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >>You may wish to check these metal film cassettes as they were made >> in
> two different lengths
>
> Does any one have a measurement for the correct ones to use in M series
> cameras?
>
> Thanks

Mine measure 1.75 inches assembled, body only, not measuring the protrusion of
the spool. I don't have one for the IIIf and earlier LTM models.

I don't believe it's been mentioned but the cassette for the M is also the one
for the IIIg.

Also, to use them with the M6 you must have the baseplate which opens them. At
some point in production of the M6 the actuation feature of the baseplate was
removed.

Message from "Don Rorschach" <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica film cartridges)
Message from "Paul Jones" <nrg666@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica film cartridges)