Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica cassettes
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:12:56 -0400

At 01:28 PM 8/13/02 -0400, Robert Marvin wrote:
>After your film is developed, you must remove the torn off tab from
>the spool slit opposite the one into which you threaded the film.
>Otherwise a film chip is likely to get stuck in the spool, preventing
>you from using it again. --I've never been able to fix a spool after
>this happens--any tips?

The Leica Cassettes have a fascia plate held in by two small screws.
Remove these, and the plate will allow all of the minor springs, fillers,
fitters, and bits-'n'-pieces to fly all over the place.  If you can find
everything, you can then reconstruct it minus the film chip.  If you've
lost a bunch of parts, well, you were going to throw it away anyway ...

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!