Subject: [Leica] Stands/Octagonal soft boxes.
From: "Aka Yote" <akayote@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 06:47:44 +0000

Dear friends:

Interested in acquiring a lighting
equipment I may buy
a profoto acute 2400 generator and
strobes, (www.profoto.com).

I want to be able take that for travel.
In their website, they show some stands.
I wonder, if there is a brand name for
stands and for lighting besides
profoto that you may want to recommend as
reliable, enduring, and very light weighted.
I had previously owned some manfrotto stands
but were kind of heavy.

I also saw octagonal light boxes at their
website.  I wondered if one of the reasons,
(please excuse my poor knowledge on the subject),
why they are octagonal is because when you shoot
portraits it leaves in the eye an octagonal mark
of light instead of a rectangular or square one.

I appreciate all your responses to these questions.

Very truly yours,

Aka Yote.