Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: photojournalism
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:21:33 -0700

Just found out;
My old Alma Matter, University of California, Long Beach, was recently
decertified of its photojournalism accreditation (I didn't even know
there was such a thing).  Apparently, the academic wag made up a story
for which he was given a Pulitzer Prize. He lost his job when it was
discovered, had to return the award, and more pointedly ruined the
careers of his students.
Fortunately, I never received a University degree in photojournalism, or
photography for that matter from this school. It's still my staunch
belief that any simian can point a camera, what is said with it is
another matter.
Slobodan Dimitrov