Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Relatively New Leica M user. M Prices (then)
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:35:22 +0200 (MEST)

> I bought these cameras in the early 70's.  When I got the M3, I could
> choose from two in the display case priced at $300 each, in perfect shape,
> one with 50 Summicron collapsible and one with 50 Summilux!  I went for the
> collapsible because it was smaller and I wanted to carry the camera
> everywhere I went, but now I think I should've gone for the faster lens.
> Arrghh.

:) Yeah, that's when I bought my M3 ... back then the M2 was the thing to
have. The M3's were being dumped ... mine cost 225 USD.

By the way ... someone asked if Solms had fixed my M3 and I said no. Since
then, I've received a friendly e-mail asking me to get back to them in 6
months ... no promises ... but they were looking into the fl?re thing.